I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, July 7, 2006

Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do

Well, that blows this week. At least I have hard copy. Yeah, not much, but I’ll take it. This weekend should be light, although…

My niece is having a concert, we haven’t seen her do much so I want to support this effort. So there’s Saturday afternoon and night.

Have to mow the lawn (only 45 minutes), have been trying to move the rock/weed garden (a present from our developer) all summer. Had a few wheel-barrels full and the tire went. Finally got an inner-tube for the wheel-barrel tire (best idea evar). Now need energy to haul dirt.

Clean office. Must clean office before paper piles start negotiations for citizenship. Plus have to clean office to prep for built-in full wall bookcases. Yes, you may be jealous, but only if you’ve learned woodworking, paid a small fortune in tools, and are willing to put in the sweat equity. Dan, you’re paid in full with renovating your bathroom, be jealous all you want.

And then there is the red-line edit of three stories. Updating the blogs. The ever present website redo. And spending time sleeping. Why?

Thirteen-hour day yesterday, twelve-hour day today. Plus time spent talking with the mayor on the way home (fun though).

… So, I’m wrecked. I don’t normally like to leave work before the work is finished. It wasn’t finished today, but I was done. Stick a fork in me.

No comments: