I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, December 11, 2006

Well, spank my behind and call me Richard

Sometimes being a coucilman is great. I get to help people, I get to make sure we aren't overspending, I have fun making sure things are done. Then there are the other times when you feel like you're shoveling crap from a sitting position. And the least fun is when you're forced to be a dick. I had to be a dick last week. I had to be a dick today. Tomorrow has a high chance of dickiness. And the rest of the week could sprout random dickiness. I hate it when I'm forced to be this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's just not fair. We require that you describe past, present and impending dickiness. In detail.

-Nathan

Steve Buchheit said...

In this case (last night and tonight) it's a personnel matter, so I really can't discuss it openly.

One example of dickiness that I can share from this week is if I give you 6 months to respond to an offer of help, don't wait four months past that deadline and ask if the deal is still good. My immediate response is, "no, deal with it." I did walk that back, but this time they only have 2 months to respond. So it was a limp dickiness.