I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Here we are, now entertain us

(typos corrected 1-22-07, sorry about that, was very tired) So here I am at Confusion. So far things are going well. Spent last night sitting in with a group of writers and editors discussing almost everything that came to mind. This is the best part about Cons for me, knowing that the people you respect as writers are also nice people in person. And they're knowledgable about many things, including writing and publishing. So I played fly-on-the-wall, sometimes throwing something into the conversation, and just soaking up the atmosphere.

I learned of another old book I need to read that fits with an idea about FTL travel I wanted to use. This is what talking with people who are well read in the genre helps with. Plus it's always fun to hear about their lives and how they get to where they're at. And cracking jokes about Canadians and the US. That just never gets old.

So I vary between fan and nubile writer. That works very well because you'll find most writers of SF/F are also fans. The programming is light, except for late afternoon where they have four things I want to attend, all in the same hour (and I ended up going to none of them). I also bought two t-shirts, one Cthulhu (Cephelopod) and one Tao/Pirate. I'll post the link to the store's website later. Lots of books I could buy. This is where remembering the BOXES of guilt stack I have comes in handy.

I'm rambling so I'll stop now. Only had about 5 hours of sleep, I need to work on that. I have a new story to critique for the writing group on Sunday, I need to find time for that. Driving time was a little over four hours, so I need to leave early tomorrow.

Getting hungry, need to hunt down some food.

No comments: