I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Recharged

BTW, after attending Confusion, and the writers group on Sunday, the ideas are flowing. I have to rewrite "Changelings" (and change the title, I seem to be bad with titles). I want to get the Pirate Story out first. The muse, though, has other plans it appears. I'm getting lines for "War Stories" and "Changelings." Ah, well.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Justine Larbalestier says she's not so great at titles. Her working titles are things like "The Australian feminist, monkey knife-fighting, cricket, Elvis and mangosteens (lots of mangosteens) novel".

She's so cool.

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Steve Buchheit said...

It was a great weekend. Didn't sleep much.

My book titles tend to be better, but I'm told that my short titles are lending to my over foreshadowing the story.

Today was a 12 hour work day. Bless those clients ('cause I may kill them tomorrow). So off to bed. Sorry, Saturday and Sunday tales must wait.