I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, February 26, 2007

Heebee Jeebees

I'm have story post coital cool down. I want to go back and read it again. I'm at loose ends with myself. See, here's another one. If I pull it I may unravel like a wool sweater.

So, what should I work on now? Finish something else in progress, start one of my new ideas? I have a cool fairy story. Little girl, fairy she meets in a butterfly house helps the little girl deal with coming of age (no, that's not a story bone, check the post title, well, it is for me, and I really can't stop you).

Anyway, it has the feel when I quit Mountain Dew. Seriously. Withdrawl. Shakes and everything. Which, BTW, I'm trying to lessen my intake of Dr. Pepper. Diet stuff doesn't work for me and I need to get away from high fructose corn syrup. Really bad thing that is. So for the past week I've been drinking tea as often as a glass of Dr. Pepper, both interspersed with water.

Am I rambling? Okay, signing off now.

5 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

A glass, a stinkin' little glass of Dr. Pepper?

S drinks a couple litres a day (or more, on weekends). He actually has a Dr. Pepper tattoo (of the vintage 10-2-4 campaign). I used to drive him to Waco for his birthday every year, and give him a shopping spree in the Dr. Pepper museum gift shop.

And yes, he switched to diet a few years ago, despite my Cassandra-esque moans about the to-be-discovered evils of aspartame.

Todd Wheeler said...

Sorry, I have to go parochial here.

Moxie is what you all need.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, LBB, I'm down to 1 glass (.5 liter). I've been pretty good about not adding at night. But last weekend I did down 3 liters. Have to control that. Yeah, I used to drink a 2 liter a day (at least). I'm also over weight (very much). I used to still be "in shape" (watch all the thin people collapse while I keep going). I'm getting older, though (also a part of being over weight, when a teen it wasn't a problem, high motabilism) and need to help my body. I like DrP, not enough for the tattoo. I have thought of ordering the "made with cane sugar" bottles from Waco.

Aspartame, or nutrisweet, both are bad for me. I get disoriented and feel unpleasently drunk on them (as in all the bad stuff, but none of the elation and good feelings).

Todd, hmm, cures "softening of the brain" and “loss of manhood?” Gotta get me some of THAT!

Camille Alexa said...

The cane sugar stuff ROCKS (and I don't even like soda at all--unless it's got quinine, lime, and gin in it.)

And S is not a skinny guy.

I'm just saying.


Dr.P's turn-of-the-century (not the most recent one) promise was that Dr. Pepper promotes

Vim, Vigor, and Vitality!

Steve Buchheit said...

Vim, Vigor, and Vitality!

Well, I'm all for THAT.