I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, February 8, 2007

I would like to get back to procrastination, please

Village stuff has been occupying my head space for over a week now. So no progress on any front, except I finished the Year's Best. I've been going back through a re-reading my favorites (like Jeffery Ford's Boatman's Holiday which holds up well after two readings).

3 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Reading is progress. It totally counts.

Steve Buchheit said...

I made a deal with myself that every day I need to do something with writing. If I'm not putting words down (more than the notes I make) then I have to read. I need to reverse the percentage of writing to reading. Right now it's heavy on the reading side (and even that is much less than when I rode a bus to work).

Camille Alexa said...

That goes up and down, though. I've just come through a very, very dry spell for reading, though I was writing a lot. Now, I've kind of gone the other direction. I can't seem to strike a good balance very often or very consistently.