I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, February 19, 2007

The things you learn watching TV

So, I'm veging out after rewriting one of the jokes from the book (dream sequence, seraphim, club atmosphere, and Wizard of Oz, no, I'm not telling more) that I had some great ideas on the way home. It was only 200 or so words, but it was a complete overhaul.

I'm watching, "Future Weapons" on Discovery. Yeah, it's annoying. If he says, "I just have to (try it, see it, drive it, be there) myself," one more time, well, I'm flipping the channel. And please, please, please stop showing me the same boomtastic frames over and over. Give me the basics, tell me what the system is, give me the run down on options, show me how it works, then how to integrate it into the combat system, and then do the live fire test. Although that HK MP14 looks SWEET (Say, did you safety that weapon before pointing it at the camera? Have the bolt open? Nah, didn't think so, points off for range safety.). The MP7? Nice, but 4.62mm, so much for battlefield replacement ammo. Hope you brought enough clips. (Oh, and BTW, if you or the minions have googled this, your site is damn slow. Not everybody has broadband.)

Then he shows the Stryker. I sit up and pay attention. One, it looks like a Russian design (I'm old school). Cool, yeah, integration with the LAN Warrior system (formerly known as Battlecube), neat. The front four wheels turn together. Oh shit. Eight wheels. What did I say in "War Stories?" Six wheels. Margle, frotz.

Time to edit. Yes, I already did, just in case Weird Tales doesn't bite. And if they do bite I'll beg and plead for that edit. I look like an idiot enough, don't need one more thing to help out.

No comments: