I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Everday, and in everyway, I'm getting better and better

Well, life just keeps getting better and better.

One of those threatened lawsuits was filed. So my committee is being sued. Yippie. I'm still trying to be big about it, by my inner voice is yelling at me to jump all over these people and womp them with the meanie stick. Sigh, I will be good.

Work tomorrow will be interesting. There's a cargo container load of work that didn't get done today (and won't get done tomorrow either). So I'll probably spend as much time helping the people trying to help me out, and redoing things, and handling new work that I won't be able to get to the work everybody is trying to help me get to.

On Monday I had the doctor's appointment, from which I need to make other doctor's appointments. One of the things we went over was it would be really good to eat supper before 8pm. Hasn't happened yet. I'm doomed. Plus my blood pressure was high. My blood pressure is never high. Even when I broke my leg before they gave me pain killers, 120 over 80. Sigh. Close eyes, take a deep breath, imagine soft fuzzy bunnies in the field, soft music, you're calm relaxed, your breathing is rythmic, and as you breathe out, slowly squeeze the trigger (bam bam bam bam). Yeah, that's good for meditation! I'm doomed.

2 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Sorry to hear things are on the down side. Do the bunnies have faces like, oh, people who are causing you grief? Maybe shooting them would provide some relief. ;-)

Hope things look up soon.

Steve Buchheit said...

thanks, Todd. I need to do some link lovin' on your character name contest, BTW.

I hope they look up soon as well. At work people are concerned, but only because I can't get their jobs done. Until we get through this "mandated mediation" session with the party suing the Village I'm probably going to be grumpy. At least so far all signs point to the complaint not going far. We'll see how they do, though.