I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Another thing, I think I forgot to mention

It's a slow work day. So you all get to benefit from my blathering. But this is something special for me.

The other night I saw the space station. When I'm driving home late, I tend to channel surf the radio to find something that's annoying (it helps me keep awake). Fortunately for me, Rural Ohio is packed with religious channels, and they're something sure fired to get me going. But I hit an Akron talk station that night, and they mentioned (for whatever reason) that at nine o'clock that night we would have a good viewing of the space station (exact time was 9:24). they gave coordinates to see it. And, glory be, it was a clear night.

I hit the village exactly at 9:22 and pulled into the Village Hall parking lot (far back from the main road, where we have street lights which sometimes really pisses me off). And right on time I spotted a fast moving point of light heading in the right direction. No flashing, and moving way faster than the planes in the air (there were about 4 I could see). Just a point of light moving across the night sky. It made me very happy and hopeful.

You should try and see it.

No comments: