I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Argh!

Okay, so I was gearing up for a good weekend of writing related activities. Mowed lawn last night (before the rain) so I wouldn't need to do that. Was going to scrub the bathrooms (yes, I share some of the household chores) tonight. I was able to actually put the garbage out. Did I forget to mention I went home last night relatively on time, took a serious ribbing for only having 1.5 hours of overtime ("Yep, I'm making it a half day today," grin). Mom's at home and being looked after. The new computer is up and running (need to switch out).

I've got about a hundred pages to read and get ready to critique for the 20th. I'm psyched to get back to typing, been writing notes about stories. I'm back to wondering just why I haven't put Running of the Deer in an envelope. I sent off the query to Weird Tales last night. I should hear if and how I can help out an editor by transfering their World Fanatsy Membership and hotel room so I can finalize that.

And then I remember it's Mother's Day this weekend. (honk honk screech CRASH!). I love my Mom. But the trip down will suck up a whole day, and leave me tired the next. ARGH! Yes, Mom, I remember how tough my delivery was (I was a blue baby). Mom raised my brother and I single-handedly. Mom's still not all right. Sigh. Yes, Mom, I'm comming down. She doesn't read this blog, but she can hear me typing this. I know she can.

No comments: