There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

but you don't really care for music, do you?

Doing research this morning on a story idea (well, almost half the story came tumbling out between that Thursday and Friday) and I fond something that just makes me giggle. About.com has a Paranormal Phenomena section. Okay, things have just gotten bad. On top of that, this is my first true-out ghost story, so I'm looking for similar stories and I've come to the conclusion that Real True Life(tm) Ghost Stories have the same problem as Penthouse Letters (i.e. they're written by up and coming professional writers). I haven't read much of them (mostly those that use the same prop I'm using), but they have that feel, "You just won't believe this, but I swear it's true." Yep, some of them use that old chestnut. At least my ghost story is a story, not a RTL(tm) thingie. Now I need to go back to the About page and see how far I need to dig before getting ot the "Bloody Claw" story. My inner-child is giggling.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Maybe they could get the Penthouse Letters set to write the ghost stories, and the ghost people to write the Penthouse ones. It might make for slightly more interesting reading all 'round.

Steve Buchheit said...

I think it's the same people, LBB. Or at least they attended the same writing workshops, 'cause they all use the same, "I didn't believe it until it happened to me," ways of "trust building."

And I'm not sure I'm ready for more, "and then she sucked my soul out and put it on display in her curio-cabinet of pain," stories. Although, going the other way might make for more interesting reading.