I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ding, Dong, the Witch Is Dead

(continuing with "D" titles)

So, not only is that a gag from the first chapter in my book, Post-Rapture Industries (working title), it is also what I said when I heard Jerry Falwell had passed from this side of the veil, who was an inspiration to write the book, but not in the good way. Fortunately for me, I still have Dobson and all the rest (including our homespun wacko, Ernest Angley). So, my personal constellation of inspirational thousand-points of light is now 999 points of light (yeah, turn it upside down, but still the Number of the Beast is 616, it was previously mistranslated because part of the text was missing). On the upside, there's a nice bar-b-que somewhere in the celestial cosmos, cause fat burns slowly and brightly and his brain was as choked in fat as his jowels, and I say that as a large man myself.

When I was in high-school, while others were writing rock music lyrics on their binders or who loved whom, I wrote, "Immoral Minority." Yeah, Jerry affected me even back then. So you'll excuse me as I round up the other munchkins and we engage in another round of a boisterous rendition of the aforementioned song.

4 comments:

Dan Berlyoung said...

When heard of his passing, I wondered what he found on the other side. I also wondered what the inhabitants there thought of him and his track record here.

Very interesting food for thought...

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Dan, while I am merrily tripping the light fantastic, I really do hope he found forgiveness and grace on the other side. Two things that he seemed to have in short supply on this side. Of course I'm saying that as a reformed continuous rapture philosophy kind of guy, I believe Jerry was a Pre-Tribulationist himself.

Can you tell I'm back at the research?

Dan Berlyoung said...

"Reformed continuous rapture"? That's an interesting term. Almost as interesting as "Pre-Tribulationists." Either of those your concoctions?

Steve Buchheit said...

Continuous Rapture (that you go to your judgement as you die, physical time) and Pre, Post, and Mid-Tribulationists are all real terms used to discuss the end times and the different beliefs about when and how the rapture occures, whom is raptured, etc.

I was of the opinion that They would have a solid, single story that I could use and play off. Turns out that's not the case. While most evangelicals fall into the Pre-Tribulationist camp, not all do. Nor is there any agreement on what happens and when during the tribulation. The research has been very enlightening.