I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

One of those things

As a writer, you should be very highly aware of what other people are saying, as well as what you are saying. I get some of my best story bones from conversation. Sometimes it's misheard, sometimes I wish I misheard people, sometimes it's how people say things and what that reveals about their thinking process. Yes, I do have some courses in college psychiatry, why do you ask?

Anyway. See, there are these guys in NJ who are so bad at being jihadis that they were outsourcing their video duping. Seriously, they couldn't spend $150 on a video to DVD-R device? I'm not that worried about them. On top of that, they were intending on attacking Fort Dix. Yeah, these are the seriously brain-dead terrorists. I'm not worried about them. In fact, why arrest them at all? Let them try the attack on Fort Dix. Because... (roll tape)

"Poor jihadis. They brought guns to a tank fight. Boom."

Yeah, that line is going to find it's way someplace.

No comments: