I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 25, 2007

Slush!

Running of the Deer is all addressed and ready to go. Now I need to make it to a post office while it's still open. The lucky winner is the Slush God at Fantasy and Science Fiction. John Joseph Adams is pretty good and working through the slush quickly (he is, after all, the Slush God), so I expect to hear back quickly.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Good Luck, Steve.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, LBB. I've commented on the Slush God's blog, so we're thick as thieves, or not. Ah well. Still in the slush. Well, I live in NE Ohio, I'm used to slush.

At least this time I knew to put his name on the envelope instead of Gordon Van Gelder.