I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 18, 2007

Your bags have been sent ahead, where is it you are staying?

Well, Running of the Deer aka The Wild Hunt is in an envelope. I just don't have an address on it, or reply card, or a SASE. Well, halfway through the battle, eh?

When I did the Pirate Story, aka Robert's Thunder (oh, I'm all about HTML markup today!) I tried the experiement to post my wordcounts as a whip to get me to the end. I think I need to do that for my other stories. As I expand my blogging world (what? me? procrastinate? nah) I'm seeing other authors employing this (Tobias Buckell, although he's fallen off the bandwidth wagon, and Cherie Priest). While I'm feeling itchy to get back to logging word count, I'm still dealing with lots of outside work and distractions. So, next week I plan to start that. Maybe I'll post the word count on the "In Progress" section for all those stories (some of which I need to dust off). I've also though about restructuring the Links and In Progress side bars.

So much to do, including reading for the critique group on Sunday (I don't think I'm going to get everything done), clean the bathrooms (yes, still needs to be done), logo work, village work, our Village Cleanup Day is tomorrow (there goes the morning), and sleeping. But, hey, it's less than last week.

3 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

I think you need to dispense with some of those superfluous and self-indulgent activities, like sleeping.

Todd Wheeler said...

I'd say do what helps your writing (or motivation) and leave what will just take up your time.

(He said, having had to force himself into yet another time-management regimine.)

Steve Buchheit said...

Yep, LBB, it's that silly time I spend semi-comatose (except for fully waking to roll over, something I've done since I broke my leg many years ago) that keeps getting in the way.

And Todd, I agree, and I give that advice myself. I need to learn to say "No" when people ask for my time. That's what gets me into loads of trouble.

I also need to learn to leave work on time. Although I've become addicted to those large Over-time checks.