I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fruit of the Muse

I mentioned in a comment about how when the Muse drops her words in my head I sometimes know where they go. Then there are the majority of times that I have no idea.

Like this one.

"He was the kind of guy who would send a box of Krispy Kremes to the new Jenny Craig Outlet as a way of saying, 'Hi, welcome to the strip mall.'"

I love that. I have no friggin' idea what story it goes with or what story I could build around it. Since I've been receiving the novel, I'm going with that it's a new character, or part of an existing character (but I have no idea which one).

Such are the machinations of the muse. She works in mysterious ways sometimes. But I wouldn't give her up for the world.

No comments: