I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, June 8, 2007

Random Updates

Well, Mom is doing as well as can be expected. She did make a big turn around the last time I saw her. So, at least so far, things are going well that way. She can move around and do things on her own. She's not the strong woman who raised me, but then she's at an age that this is to be expected. I hope she keeps improving. She wants to train some more service-dogs and she's going to need to be stronger for that. It's kind of a catch-22, having the dog she would get more exercise, but she needs more exercise to get stronger before she can really handle a new dog.

I'm now in the second week of full strength on my medication for insulin resistance. I'm feeling some effects of it. I now get hungry, as in with pangs, at the normal times. I have ups and downs of energy (instead of full-bore on until I collapse). There has even been a sugar crash or two that I've felt. It's been a long time since that has happened.

I'm not consuming as much caffeine. Today I feel the need for caffeine and will get a cup of tea in a moment, but most days I drink my water until after 3 in the afternoon, and then since I've been such a good boy, I refill my bottle with pop. And that lasts me the rest of the day. Weekends are still a different story, but that's habit, not need. Now I need to replace that late afternoon pop with tea. I'll try that next week.

In other news, Cherie Priest is writing another book and giving much more details about the process and progress than I give with my writing. You might want to check it out.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Glad your mum's better.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, LBB. For a time I was really worried that she wouldn't bounce back from her surgery and the other heart attacks. Now it's a question of how far back she'll come.

Also glad to see on your blog you don't mind the intials (I think I saw it on your blog first anyway).