I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 4, 2007

Reeee Jected!

Well, that was quick. The Slush God strikes, and I'm out of the running early with "Running of the Deer." One the plus side, he commented on the writing, the letter was different than my previous rejections from F&SF (edited I checked some previous rejection letters, yes, I keep them all, from F&SF and it's the same wording, oh well, so either it is their form, or I'm better than I think). So, not exactly a form letter rejection. Woohoo! By my slow and steady progress, soon I will control the publishing world.

So, we look on Ralans and Duotrope, and the next lucky winner to be subjected to my submission is Strange Horizons. SH also offers online submissions, so it's already there, before the F&SF half-sheet rejection-letter has a chance to dry out from my tears, RotD is back in the game.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Get back up on that thing, Steve.

Better luck in the next round.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, LBB, it went out within two hours of me opening the reject letter.

SH won (out of three markets I was looking at)because they accept electronic submissions and pay higher than Fantasy. If SH decides they don't want it, I'll look at Realms of Fantasy and Fantasy.