I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 11, 2007

Sometimes they sneak up on you

Wow. Just noticed I've got three stories in submission. Go, me! Three stories in active submission was an unstated goal for last year. I think for next year I need to up that to four (publishable) stories. I mean, I could have 6 unplublishable stories in submission without breaking a sweat. It's getting the stories to publishable level that takes the work.

Now I need to finish up a few others, get the edits for Changelings in (and a new title, I've never really liked it), and get rolling on the novel. There's always more to do.

5 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

THREE publishable stories! I am deeply impressed. I may have three wearable outfits or three thriving plants or three ideas for dinner...but usually I'm flying by the seat of my pants with only one option for whatever it is under consideration.

Go, you!

P.S. I like Blogger. Rarely have problems with it. No spam has ever gotten past word verification for me. I played around with Vox for awhile and found it a little too "optionized"--too many things one could use and if not used properly they just got in the way. I've never experimented with any others, though.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, greenyflower. Well, I guess I feel they're publishable, now the trick is convincing editors and getting them published.

When I looked at blog services to try my hand at it, blogger beat them all. While LJ is neat, and there's a lot of people using it, I don't buy into this camp mentality (yes, I read a lot of LJs, and I hav ean account to specifically post in comments on them). It's just, I see all the big boys and girls have their own sites.

Also, I've gone to comment on other peoples blogger sites and gone through the word verification (I agree, since I started that, I haven't had too much comment spam) only to re-enter several times and occassionally I lose my comment to some disaster (I've learned to copy my comments before hitting the "submit/publish" function).

Plus, as Jim mentioned on his blog a while back, I really hate the non-tabbed navigation. Yeah, it's a little thing, but for those of us using the keyboard a lot, it really is a stumbling block.

Todd Wheeler said...

Yay Steve!

And regarding the post before last (limbo security gate) it certainly made me laugh as I read it.

Camille Alexa said...

Steve,
I agree; all the "cool" kids have their sites with LJ, but all the "grownups" have their own. I, also, have an LJ persona without a single post (to post on LJ sites).

And GO STEVE on the submissions.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Todd and LBB.

Yeah, Todd, I still chuckle when I think about that. Maybe it's just the sound of the voice in my head.