There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Thursday, July 12, 2007

I need to get my tin-foil hat out of storage

So, you've all been tracking the news, right? I have some strange job experiences, and from those I track the news differently.

This morning, we have the fall-out from Michael Chertoff's "gut-feeling" (which he's since modified to "reasoned intelligence concern") about an attack coming soon. We have a report that al Qaeda is resurgent and possibly stronger than they were in 2001 (thank you Bush Administration!). Pakistan, having put down the insurgent Talibanic forces that had gather in the Red Mosque is now facing a constitutional crisis (President Musharraf is only "President" by title and is also still the head of the military, after three promises to take off the uniform). The attempted terrorist attacks in Britain and the intense focus and chatter about the "weakness during transition" (i.e. that they struck right after the Prime Minster's office changed hands, also the 9-11 attacks were while the new administration was "still transfering power" from the Clintons).

We have a presidential election in a year and a few months.

I'm seeing patterns. Not good patterns. I have the feeling we're being prep'd for something. Like seeds are being planted.

Just my paranoia. I think. YMMV.

No comments: