I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Snookered again

No donuts left. Bastages.

Plus, this year just continues to suck at a personal level. Sure, there's some happy places, but the negative ones are crowding out those tiny oasises (oasi?) of postiveness.

Last night a guy backed into my car while I was getting sucked dry and the gas pump. They put a good dent in my passenger door (large truck verses compact). My mind just wasn't focused on the moment, so I got his information and then he left, before I got the police report. The good news is that so far all the information is checking out. My insurance will file a claim with their insurance. I'll get my car fixed (just cosmetic damage, as far as I know, now that I think about it I haven't tried to roll the window down).

Then we spent a lot of money at my meeting last night, got home late. Had a quick freelance job. Called my insurance. Didn't get any reading done. Didn't get to see Ghost Hunters. I feel all out of sorts. I think the bunny that ran out at the last moment on this morning's commute turned around (no thump, no body).

And now, no donuts. Has somebody seen my good luck? I haven't. Better get a candle to help with that.

5 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Donut

Donut

Donut

Camille Alexa said...

And around here, we've got Voodoo Doughnuts, where "The Magic is in the Hole!"

I'll light a black, doughnut-shaped candle and try to send some dough-mojo your way.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks for the donuts Todd and Camille (aka LBB).

I'm worried about the PC Wiggens sign. It's just so wrong on so many levels.

And Voodoo donuts that sells t-shirts and panties? Sounds like a Sunday morning to me. :)

Todd Wheeler said...

Ah! How could I forget. Along that line of thought...

When I lived in Maine there was a strip club in Portland. Attached to it was a coffee shop called "Mark's Topless Donuts".

No, I never went in (seems like it might have gone by the wayside now). But I know they did good business.

Steve Buchheit said...

Hmm, I've had these dreams where I'm swimming in a sea of donuts beneath the Washington Monument. Think it means anything? :)