I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Holy Great Pumpkins!

Acording to Jeff VanderMeer, yesterday was International Cephalopod Awareness Day! So, probably like me, you're going to spend today buying Belated Happy ICA Day cards and getting them in the mail. I guess I spent yesterday in the wrong patch being as sincere as I could be. Instead I should have been swaying to the rythms of the waves and chanting my sincerety to the seas.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. (Call of Cthulhu)

2 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Hey, that's funny--I didn't know that Cthulhu was a cephalopod!

A book I really enjoyed a few years ago was Jaques Cousteau's "The Soft Intelligence," a book extolling the virtues of cephalopods. My son was going through an Asperger's-related-hyper-focused giant squid "thing" at that time so we read everything in the library on cephalopods. Rock on! Now I have to hit the Hallmark store. Maybe the ICD cards will be half-off today?

Steve Buchheit said...

Greeny, well, he's got that squidy head thing going.

But cephalopods are very interesting. Heck, just cuttle-fish could fill whole days of research, and they're a small part of the family. Gotta love an animal that can flash colors.