There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Linkolicious

Well, I've been remise in my shout-outs and it's time to change that. I'm still a few hundred posts behind in my normal bloggeroll reading, so I'm sure there's more than this.

First up is former Marine (can you really be a former Marine? I suspect not) and all around neat guy, Dave Kletcha. Dave and his wife, having had such a rip roaring success with the first child, have repeated the experiment, bringing forth Hannah. Congrats, Dave. There are eddies in the space time continuum and I hear Dave's voice floating back from sixteen years hence saying, "See that little girl? She is my life and my joy. If you touch her or think bad thoughts about her I just want you to remember these words, I am not afraid to go back to jail."

Then there is my favorite littlebird Camille who continues on her diabolical plan to control the publishing world by having a new story, To Heroboy From Tiffani appear in A Thousand Faces #2. Since she's turned off comments on this post let me give a big, "Hurray!" here.

Hoopy frood Mer Haskell has started a graduate program in Library Sciences. You go, Mer. We wish you all the best of success with it. Oh, and it might bear repeating here, Librarians Rock!

Toastmaster General John Scalzi just announced he will be an instructor for next year's Viable Paradise. I was hoping to go next year and this is an extra incentive to get my rear together and get in the application. Those wonderful people Patrick and Teresa Nielsen-Hayden run Viable Paradise. They bring in top notch people to instruct like Elizabeth Bear among others.

And as a harbinger of the coming season, snow has come to Alaska and Jim Wright.

Okay, and I'm sure I'm missing several things here, like my friend Dan's new brick patio and my other friend (who goes by) Leaf who is sending out his manuscript to agents and publishers.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Hey, Steve!
Sorry my new weekendonly blogging schedule (which I am making up for today, because I missed even that) prevented me from seeing your shoutout before now. Thank you.

Steve Buchheit said...

No worries, Camille. I loved the story BTW.