I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Story Bone

"Looks like the house settled," the handyman said, looking from the crack in the wall to me. "Houses do that."

I wasn't sure if he was talking about the gash in the plaster or about my own home improvement skills.


If I had time to write this, I would call the story, "Crack in the Wall." As I've said before, I really suck at short story titles. I already have some story ideas for this, and I might eventually write it, but this felt like it needed to be released, so I'm betting one of you needs it as well. Have at.

2 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

We have a severe crack in our dining room wall that I'm just dreading dealing with.

A better story title for me would be, "Cracks in Her Head." But then, I suck at titles, too.

Camille Alexa said...

Have you guys read "Single White Farmhouse" by Heather Shaw?

Free PDF HERE.

Or Audio Version at Escape Pod.