I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Things That Make Me Smile

Via Rick Klaw filling in for Jeff VanderMeer, the Onion has and article titled Third-Person Limited Omniscient Narrator Blown Away By Surprise Ending.

Hi-larious.

3 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Bwah! I love The Onion. I particularly like the "Community Voices" section when Smoove B writes.

Third party limited omniscient voice...I think that is usually the voice I hear in my head.

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Greeny, that must be the "Mother's Voice." You know, the one that makes the kids mutter, "What, does she have eyes in the back of her head?"

The Onion is the original Podcast that got me hooked on Podcasts (it's a minor addiction, I'm only following two with any regularity).

Todd Wheeler said...

Very funny. Thanks for the link.