I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Write-tober is over

Just finished all the Write-tober events tonight with the conclusion of the meeting of my writers group. It's been an event filled month that didn't see a whole lotta words getting down on paper, but every weekend had something going on with writing. I'll be glad to get some time back to actually write. One thing I have learned this month is that broadband is something I should avoid if I want to get words down. There is too much cool stuff that requires broadband to go look at. So I guess I'm saved with mostly having only dial-up access when I'm writing. Where sometimes it taked whole minutes for webpages to finish loading. And video? Forgettaboutit.

Now that we're in the middle of NaNoWriMo, some people's Write-tobers continue. I'm not on that track, but I wish all of you a merry good time (Todd, Leafy, and everybody else).

Also just realized it's time to synch my links at work with my links at home. I know there's two more people who have commented here about NaNoWriMo, but their RSS feed links are at work.

5 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Then next would be 'Prose-vember'?

Hope all the non-writing writing stuff provides inspiration.

Steve Buchheit said...

Todd, I'm inspired up to my eyeballs. Now I need some sleep, and the wrestling some time from other things to get time to write.

One part of that struggle is wrestling with my own demons which have dragged me down into a pleasant time sink. Pleasure, of course, is the greatest trigger to compulsions, just as any 14 year old boy. It's my own demon and it's quickly becoming my own hell. I need to work out of it. The will is there, now the goal is to break habits.

Camille Alexa said...

broadband is something I should avoid if I want to get words down...


Oh my. I feel like you just told me eyes are something you should avoid if you want to paint.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, Camille, you should never paint your eyes. They're really hard to scrape off.

I just can't have broadband and write, I'm too easily distracted, and broadband makes things way too fast. With my regular dial-up, I get bored quickly, and can turn back to writing. Get out fifty or a hundred words, read a blog entry, request the next one, bored, 50-100 words, repeat.

Steve Buchheit said...

I am looking at limiting my internet access. I have access to broadband at work and I can travel to it if I need it. Probably, if I didn't have to think about my wife having access for her email (mostly what she uses the internet for) I might think of cancelling my home internet service.