I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Aborted Post and Weekend Work

Well, as you all know I'm a little slow with posting photos I talk about. I'm going to try and catch up with this post.

(insert elevator music here)

Well, after trying for a half hour, blogger seems to be having issues with upload photos. I'll have to try at work tomorrow.

This weekend we did a lot. We invited our neighbors over to dinner and so they could see what we have done the past few years to update the house. Yes, in a small town, people worry about this stuff. Our neighbors have been here since before the house was built, and they and others tell me about them wandering around the place as it was being constructed. It's a thing. After the obligatory nickel tour, Bette made a nice dinner, and we played Trivial Pursuit until late.

Even though everybody we wanted over hadn't seen our decorations, we took down the tree and miscellaneous interior decorations. Xmas is all over. In the afternoon it started raining, and then snowing. Temperatures are dropping back into normal territory, just in time for me to drive to Detroit.

Next weekend is Confusion, and anybody there just say hi. I plan to be doing a lot of it myself. There are plenty of people I know going, people I like hanging out with, and plenty of people I've met over the year that I'd like to meet in person. I would create a list, but I know I'd be leaving someone off (right now I'm thinking, OMG, I forgot Karl Schroeder's wife's name - Karl's blog, because he's rolled his own, doesn't have an RSS feed so it's hard to follow - wait, just saw a link to that, I'll have to update). Plus, there's pirates, and they give candy (note to self, make sure my Pirate Tao shirt is good to go).

Between now and then, I've got a week of work, I need to get to Sears to work out the details of the water heater and hopefully have it installed on Friday, one meeting which is early, I need to cut my hair (it's comb-able, not good as this short it has a tendency to go all Flock of Seagulls on me), and I've now got three major projects at work (two that I left, one I know arrived just as I left), there's also the possibility of one more big project (I'm getting a headache just thinking out the coordination it'll need). So, busy week, and then a weekend where I'm probably not going to sleep.

Oh, and I just found out that my laptop has a battery life of about 20 minutes. Gotta fix that.

1 comment:

Camille Alexa said...

LiveJournal was killing me yesterday! It wouldn't let me post properly! It would preview the post exactly correctly, but publish it with the links all messed up and the paragraphs out of order! It was horrid.

I know a lot of people dis blogger, but it still has given me far fewer posting problems than either Wordpress or LJ.