I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Lurkertude Extends Its Long Reach

Despite Nathan's delusional in the wild sighting of wide-eyed comments I've made on other blogs, my lurker qualifications continue to grow. Even after dumping about 15 RSS feeds at work, when I left this afternoon my count of blogposts that I haven't read (RSS feeds are da-bomb) stood north of 350 posts. Granted, probably Jay Lake's blog and Cherie Priest's two blogs account for most of that, with Jeff VanderMeer bringing up close third (Jeff's only in third because he only has one blog, now if I included all the reviews he posts, he'd be giving Jay a run for his money). So while it may look like I'm out there, galavanting around, obviously I'm a slacker.

Also, I think Jeff should hang in there until the S. Carolina primary where he should do well... oh, wait, that's something else.

Speaking of Jeff, via Jay Lake, Mr. VanderMeer has been telling tales out of school. Expect the emotional, "I don't give a **** about the Hugos, I'm just here to clear my name, listen to this illegally recorded telephone conversation with my former Publish America agent" press conference in two weeks, right before the Congressional Hearings.

7 comments:

cherie_priest said...

Haha! Thank you for reading and such ... but I gotta tell you, you should un-feed one of those bad-boys. They're mirrors of each other now.

:)

Steve Buchheit said...

Yeah, I've seen that. When I bookmarked them, though, they weren't. The LJ was more personal and your website was about the writing.

Nathan said...

Delusiounal, huh? Yeah right. We'll see.

Give up Steve, your Lurk-Fu is weak. Weak, I say.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Jim Wright said...

Sure, be that way. But over on my blog we're talking about cats getting eaten by bald eagles. Cats being eaten by bald eagles. Cats. Eagles. Eating. There was also a Lampchop and Mein Kampf reference, in the same sentence.

And. You're. Missing. it.

But, you know, suit yourself :)

Camille Alexa said...

Lampchop?

Wow.

Steve Buchheit said...

Nathan, truly, given the gnomish jokes over on Making Light, my Lurker-Fu is pathetic. A 80-lbs geeky weakling Lurker could bounce it's butt out the door.

Jim, Eagle Bait (I sometimes call my cat Hawk Bait, the only eagles we have are Bald, and they like fish, Golden Eagles don't normally come this way, although I've seen them near Dayton). And Lampchop and Mein Kampf, okay, gotta read Jim's blog TODAY!

Camille Alexa said...

I thought Lambchop was bad enough. (Good enough?)