I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Obviously I'm in the wrong job, again

What the hell is up with plumbers (and other trades)? Is there a dearth of such people and a glut of work that they just don't need any more work so they feel it's okay to piss off their customers? Seriously.

So you all know I've been trying to get a water heater. Yes, it's still not there. I choose Sears for both the supplier and as the contractor. Now, from what I understand, Sears subcontracts the actual installation. Fair enough. My contract, though, is with Sears. If I have a problem, that's who I'm going to. What their deal is with their subcontractor, as long as they meet minimum professional standards (if they don't, his reflects on Sears, not so much their subcontractor, IMHO) and follow the work actually contracted (I'm assuming there are three-ring binders involved).

The initial subcontractor has cancelled our order twice. No call, they just cancelled it. So we're going through a different Sears Store to see if their subcontractor really wants to work.

I'm almost to the point of demanding that first subcontractor's name so I can go to their shop and give them the raspberry in person. Right now, it's too much work to do that.

Right now, I was supposed to have the tank installed tomorrow, it's now looking like next week. Maybe. Thankfully this isn't an emergency install.

This one will get a letter going to Sears' headquarters.

Edit Just talked with the contractor out of the Warren Sears and he seems like a good guy. We're scheduled for Friday, Feb 1st (because of ordering the tank, it's not your everyday tank, 50gal power vent).

No comments: