There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Old Miskatonic U

One of the people I introduced myself to at Confusion was William Jones. Bill is an editor for some magazines I've submitted to, and from the panels I saw him in he seemed like a cool guy, so when I had a chance I went up and said, "Hi, I'm Joeblow Neo-pro and I just wanted to introduce myself..." . One of the things I like doing after meeting people is to look and see if they have a blog, and sure enough, he's got one. He is also running a contest for blog posts about ol' MU. It's a Lovecraft/Cthulhu/Horror thing. So, if any of those writerly people I know out there are looking to scratch a particular itch they maybe having, high thee hence and get a blog posting.

Oh, and for my entry, I only rewrote it twice. Fairly quick for my work, but I wanted to keep that raw blog post feel. If I rewrote it again I think I would have started to smooth it out too much (I already had to stop myself on the second rewrite).

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

So. Since you've got a Cthulhu tag on this post, I wanted to make sure you'd gotten the full Cthulhu experience.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, yes, I've seen that before.

In fact, I've had opportunities to buy a plush Cthulhu, and for the sake of the other plush animals in the house, have refrained from doing so.