There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rewrites Redux

Justine Larbalestier has an excellent post on rewrites. She also covers some points on getting critiques and how to view them. She also gives excellent tips on how to rewrite, how to learn how to rewrite, and keeping track of your foibles.

She's really good with showing examples. I'm going to go a re-read it.

2 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Hi Steve,
I found you through Todd's blog. Justine's page was great. I like the idea of listing repeat-offender words and keeping it handy during sentence-level editing. Thanks for the great link.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks for stopping by, l.a. mitchell. Yeah, I've been thinking of starting my own list.

First word would be "back." My characters are always going back, getting back, turning back, etc.