I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Calling Matt Mitchell

The ever perceptive and perspicuous Ken McConnell reminds me, Mr. Mitchell's blog, Unabashed, seems to have gone all kerfluee this past week. I saw the post where he talked about having problems and noted it earlier, but then the week went all maddening. Matt, let us know you're still alive and kickin' down there in the south, and what you're new digs will be. Thanks.

Also, here's hoping our favorite Littlebird is having a blast at the Convention where Jay Lake is Master of All Toast.

I know there's about eight other things I wanted to comment on this week. Sorry for all the political stuff. Usually in a month I get at least one week where I don't have any government meetings, but that doesn't happen in February. And it looks like a many a month I'll be having more weeks with meetings. Sigh. And it's an election year. Everybody duck and cover.

7 comments:

Matt Mitchell said...

Steve, I'm still here, but my blog is on hiatus for (I hope) only another day or two. I switched from Yahoo hosting to Surpass and the transition wasn't as smooth as I'd hoped it would be. I was going to change the blog name, but in the end I decided to just leave it be, so when it comes back hopefully everything will be the same. Thanks for asking :-)

Steve Buchheit said...

Cool. Good to know it's just good old fashion ISP screw ups.

Ken McConnell said...

Hey Matt! Glad to know you're still with us. Thanks Steve for the ping. Now back to your regularly scheduled blog posts.

Matt Mitchell said...

I keep coming back and checking every couple of hours to see if the domain's switched over yet, but so far no dice. When the transfer finally went through the notification said to allow 24-72 hours. I'm still only around 36 hours, so this could be a while. And even then, I've got to install wordpress and upload all my old posts...in hindsight, I would have set up a temporary blog for updates and such, but I guess the world can live without me for a week. (It did when I was working through my WoW fixation :-)

Anonymous said...

I've promised a Radcon post on http://camillealexa.livejournal.com/.

The funniest part of the opening ceremonies was a whole army of people dressed like Jay Lake, mimicking his every move and gesture. Hilarious.

Steve Buchheit said...

I only met Jay for less than ten minutes at World Fantasy. I was more in awe of his company (the delicious eBear and a few others). I didn't contribute much to the conversation, though. Seeing how grand his gestures and presence is, that must have been a sight to see with people Being Jay Lake.

Anonymous said...

He definitely stands out in a crowd.