I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Everybody's Talkin' At Me

My lurker-fu extends. Currently unread posts number over 400. Ha ha ha. Four Hundred!

For some reason I was inexplicably proud when the counter went over that marker today. Even though I do go to some of the big poster sites to just knock it back down, I still ended the day over 400.

In other news, I had an injury at work late Friday night. I cut open my hand, well a three inch gouge at the outside base of the thumb. The urgent care facility's doctor used a foam gel patch to close it back up (flap of skin was still attached). It's kind of interesting to see into your own body. And then there was the fact I needed to keep pressure on it to stop it from bleeding. That was all kinds of fun as I'm thinking, "pressure bandage, or tourniquet?" Well, it wasn't bleeding enough for the tourniquet, and I couldn't find a pressure bandage so it was the other hand pressing some gauze on it. Made filling out the forms especially interesting. Fun part was that I wasn't using a knife or razor blade, and the metal I opened my hand up with is rather dull (hence the more gouge like mark than a straight cut). So that's also slowed me down. The cut really isn't bad, but it's in the perfect spot that a bandage doesn't want to stay attached, so I have a cloth wrap around my hand to hold the bandage down (yes, it's still oozing). On the plus side there's no sign of infection and it's healing nicely.

6 comments:

Ken McConnell said...

OK, ick! I'm officially woozy. Thanks Steve. I hope you heal fast and stop peeking under the bandage.

Nathan said...

Oooh! Pictures of a pinned appendage and stories about blood.

A MEME! A MEME!

Steve Buchheit said...

Ken, well, I have to change the bandage everyday, so I get to see it. I think maybe a picture is worth it (describing it makes it sound worse than it is).

Glad we're keeping you entertained, Nathan. :)

Camille Alexa said...

Ech. sounds suspiciously similar to an avocado-pit-incurred injury I obtained a couple years ago. Operative gross-out phrase: "I'm afraid you've degloved your finger."

Six stiches. But that's okay: I have it on good authority scars are sexy.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, I have a number of small scars, and one long scar from my broken leg (imagine an open heart surgery scar but along the outside of the leg). That must be what my wife loves about me.

This one will end up being a barely noticeable scar. I've got way too many of those. Including who the two middle fingers on my right hand don't meet because of an old soccer injury (pissed off my coach, who was a former professional player, when as a freshman I kept on pulling down his corner kicks during practice, he then sent one with massive english, rolled my fingers right over).

Anonymous said...

Well, your lovely icon says it all.