I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, February 1, 2008

Serial Rejection

WIth all the other craziness of the week, we saw two rejection letters.

Linda Addison over a Space and Time Magazine rejected my Journey Haiku. This is the first rejection email that I know had personalized content on it, as the note broke with the HTML formating of the letter. The form line talked about how they're unable to use it at this time, fair cop. That note said I came close, and she's sure it'll be published. Woohoo! Thanks, Linda. This did add a sparkle to this week.

Now I need to go duotrope another market for it. I think it maybe time for the snail mail submissions.

The next rejection came from John Klima over at Electric Velocipede for Running of the Deer. He says it's not what they're looking for. Also fair cop. Then he says that he would like to see more from me, you know, once they reopen for submission in April. Most certainly, John, you'll be getting more submissions from me.

Tonight, per my devious plot to rule the world, Running of the Deer is off to Ann VanderMeer over at Weird Tales. I hope she likes it as well.

More about the craziness of the week later.

4 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

If they have to be rejected, that's not a bad way to get them. Good for you on slinging them right back out there.

Steve Buchheit said...

Yep, they were nice notes. Also, I sent a thank you to each of the editors.

Camille Alexa said...

Complimentary rejections mean you're close!

Steve Buchheit said...

That's what I keep thinking, Camille. I hope this isn't one of those mathematical functions where I keep getting half as close as the time before, but never actually reach the end point. I used to know the name of those.