I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Some Requested Photos

I sent an email to my grade school friend who had tracked me down a few years ago. In that email I talked about how with going through some old boxes of stuff at my Mom's I had found an old grade school sweatshirt and that my loving wife had it framed. He said he'd like to see a picture of that, as well as any photo of me. So, Rog, this post is for you.


Yes, at one point in my life I could wear something that small.

And here's one of me.


Share and enjoy.

7 comments:

Ken McConnell said...

Hi Steve, glad to meet you!
I hope that stare is reserved for incompetent repair folk and not your friends. ;)

Matt Mitchell said...

Nice to put a face with the name. Good to see you, Steve :-)

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Ken, yeah, that's my "What you talkin' about, Willis?" look.

Glad to be seen, Matt.

I have thought about changing the picture avatar I use from my "screwed together leg" (yes, that's my leg, no I no longer have the hardware in it). But I like all the various meanings of that image.

Jim Wright said...

Strangely, you look exactly as I imagined. Make of that what you will, Bahwahahahaha.

Steve Buchheit said...

Jim, that's because you still have access to NRO data. :)

Camille Alexa said...

Holy crap! You're a handsome devil! I had no idea, Mr. Buchheit!

Steve Buchheit said...

Shucks, thanks, Camille. It's the beanie baby (a souvenir form the tall-ship/Brigg Niagra) behind me, isn't it?