I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Today is the Day

I'm so tired of hearing about Super Tuesday, I'm just glad that it's almost over. What do I predict? I think by Thursday (California will take a day and a half to count) we'll know whom the Republican Nominee will be (most of their primaries are winner take all, expect that to change by 2012), on the Democratic side it'll be even murkier (Clinton will have a slight lead over Obama for delegates, which will make the super-delegates even more important, and get used to the term "faithless delegate"). Contested convention here we come!

4 comments:

Jim Wright said...

yeah, I'll be glad when this is over.

Steve Buchheit said...

Almost over, Jim, except for the counting.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I admire the folks I saw standing out in the rain earlier this week, bobbing their campaign signs up and down and waving at 07:30. I just don't care that much about anyone outside my immediate family!

Steve Buchheit said...

Greeny, even though I'm a political junkie, I'm just not that committed (or committable) either. Of course, if I was jonesing for a political position, yeah, I'd be out there. Heck, I'd tackle cars.

although I'd think you'd be very interested as the result of both the primaries and the fall election will directly affect health care in the future.