I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, March 7, 2008

Antici...



Time to go get coffee... in Brazil, by walking, and then building my own coffee maker.

Have I mentioned how slow my computer is?

That's around 236 thousand years (give or take), BTW. I could probably develop a really good coffee bean in that time. And reinvent civilization.

Just in case you're wondering, it only took another 45 seconds or so. Computer tech, it advances just that fast.

4 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

And that looks like a Mac application. Just imagine it on Windows!

Shawn Powers said...

Yeah, Stuffit is always like that me me too. I love the progress bar that zips to the end right away. Always optimistic. "Almost done!!! Almost!!! Still almost done!!!"

Ugh.

Shawn Powers said...

me me too? Um, "for me too"

sheesh

Steve Buchheit said...

Todd, well, on Windows, it would just display an "Illegal Operation has been performed" error box, and then hang.

Shawn, yep, that little bar gets my hopes up, and then squishes them down. "Almost done, woohoo, I can work with the files now. Um, now. Right around now. Can I work with the files now?"