I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How to Write a Novel

Tobias Buckell is giving his updated "How I Write a Novel" post over at his site. Tobias keeps on about this Scrivener software. I should try and give that software a run, although for the current novel I already have a lot in other pieces of software. Anyway, Tobias also have photos and screen shots. It's definitely worth checking out.

2 comments:

Leaf, Branch, Bark & Root said...

I have 10 days to do substantial rewrites to 'Gerta' for the writing group critique. Software is the least of my worries. I'll go back to pencil and paper if it will help, but what I need most right now is for my Muse to clobber me. We're not speaking at the moment. I may have to start 'undead' (uninspired) editing and hope that something positive comes of it. Keep hammering away at it, bro.

Steve Buchheit said...

Rewites! Woohoo! Yes, it's alwasy easier with the Muse, but there's plenty of times they aren't around.