I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mirror Mirror

Many moons ago when I posted my picture I made a remark that in a goatee I look positively evil. For your edification and entertainment, I present Evil Steve.

It being spring, and being blocked, I decided a change was needed. This isn't permanent. By the end of the week I'll most likely be clean shaven. I'll keep that for a month or two and then grow the beard back. If you all are good and eat all your peas, when I shave this off, I may go to a mustache and take a photo. I won't keep it longer than that. I look real cheesy in just a mustache.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my mind, it is not a goatee or a lack of one that gives someone an "evil" look. It is the intensity of the stare, and perhaps the slant of the eyebrows.

Never underestimate the value of accessories. You would look much more evil in the photo if you had replaced the cute stuffed toy on the shelf behind you with a human skull. Just saying.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well yes, done in by the Brig Niagra's plushy souvenir again. But you can clearly see Roget's Thesaurus and 3 dictionaries! Ha! And there's a couple of pirate dolls back there. No, really, there are.

Nathan said...

Actually, if you want to go for truly evil, I've always been totally creaped out by people who have a beard but no mustache. What's up with that anyway?

Random Michelle K said...

I think it's the convergence of eyebrows, widow's peak AND goatee that do it. There's just a lot of pointy going on there, and pointy *always* signifies evil, right?

Which is why those pointy bras freak people out all the time.

Anonymous said...

Great to put a face with the name! You don't look evil, just slightly disgruntled. :)

Steve Buchheit said...

Nathan, well most of those around here are Amish, and it's their culture. Shaved faces until marriage, then they grow the beard bottom up after having kids. Tradition, just like Tevye.

Michelle K, are saying I have a unibrow? :) And pointy bras freak me out because I've afraid I'm going to poke and eye out.

Hi, Jeri. I've been working on the disgruntled look for the past few career changes, glad to know I've finally gotten it down.