There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Quicky Version

Hey, Jay Lake made it out of his cancer surgery and is doing pretty well. You should all go and wish him well.

I had been thinking about posting about his diagnosis for a time (met him at World Fantasy, but mostly as Fanboy meets BNA). But here's a quick primer on my post.

"Talking to someone with cancer."

I do very badly around people in grief, and getting the Big "C" diagnosis will trigger grief/feelings of loss. Not that I'm not sympathetic, but I don't go all to pieces about it. That sometimes comes across as being cold, and I don't intend that at all. It may have something to do with accepting death as a part of the cycle of life, nobody gets out of here alive. How we live while we're here is the main trick. Anyway, this is veering too close to the long post I've been putting off.

Let's say I'm really happy that he found out sooner than later, and that his surgery is a success. I'd certainly miss all the books he's going to write if either of those didn't happen (even though how he found out kinda sucked).

No comments: