I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 16, 2008

Week's Worth of Advice

And you know just what kind of advice that is, don't you.

Justine Larbalestier wants you to know other writers are crazy (like you really need to go to her site to find that out). Also, she's a Goddess of Writing Advice.

Joshua Palmatier talks about muddling around in the middle. That place where writers begin to question their sanity, and maybe start habits they shouldn't. But hey, free therapy, so you know, you won't start on of those habits. It happens to everybody. I plan to write the middle last. Not sure what that will do to his theory, but something tells me it's an overall wordcount kind of thing, not really a place.

S. C. Butler confesses over at SF Novelists that he hates writing.

Holly Black on the other hand wants to help you find a four-leaf clover (not maybe entirely writing related, but I liked it).

On the other end of the writing life, this week saw two rejections. A form rejection letter from Realms of Fantasy Magazine for Running of the Deer. And Strange Horizons emails what I think is mostly a form letter to reject Journey Haiku. Maybe I should reread how to get that clover after all.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Sorry about the rejections, Steve. Keep sending out new stuff.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Camille. I'll keep doing that. It's bothering me that I haven't even researched markets for them yet.