I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 30, 2008

Bad News and the Other Bad News

All around wonderful person Camille informs me that a ".Mac" email address seems to be having epic fail issues from one of her work email addresses. This is highly distressing. The email is bouncing back as undeliverable. Has anybody else sent email to me to have it bounce? I think I have two emails I need to respond to, but those are ongoing conversations. Has anybody else sent me something that I've never responded to, or received a bounced back email?

Sometimes .Mac has issues and goes offline for a few hours, but then when it comes back all the email should clear through. I used to have problems with a Bigfoot email address, which is why I no longer use it. I guess I should try and see if my gmail address will forward, or if I can get Mail to check that. For those of my friends who work in tech support the disconnect seems to be occurring with a server named drift.myserverhosts.com.

Oh yes, she also rejected my poem for Diet Soap. But it was a very nice rejection. Something about not quite fitting the themes. Fair cop. Thanks Camille.

4 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

I'm always so worried about my own email subs going astray.

It's just a matter of matching up the right pieces with the proper markets.

You poetry is lovely. I don't say that if I don't think it.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks Camille. As I've said before, I think it was starting to write it again on your blog that started the ball rolling. With yours and Mary Turzillo's encouragement, I'm writing it again for real.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that we're coming up on back-to-school sale time.

I have been thinking about starting a new writing project, but I had trouble getting started until I went out and bought myself a nice lined journal and new pens. Voila! No more excuses.

I love my computer and word processor for the sheer ease of editing, but for some reason I do my best thinking with a pen in hand and a nice sheet of paper.

How do you write your poetry, Steve? Do you start on paper and then work on it more on the screen, or are your poems entirely digital?

Steve Buchheit said...

Sheila, there is nothing in the world so delicious as a brand new notepad and a fresh pen.

So, did you get the Composition Book (I have a few, I use them to take note at during conventions)? I love those things.

I'll answer the poetry thing in a full post.