I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 9, 2008

My Nephew Rocks

(hey, if he had a blog I would point you there) Jared Beck, you rock. You SOB, you got into USC Graduate Film School and you didn't let us know. Oh sure, the phone was busy, like I haven't heard that before. :)

Congrats, dude. Welcome to graduate school poverty. Good luck.

Sure, you laughed when we gave you all that home making stuff for your graduation, didn't you. Hopefully we'll get to talk sometime in the summer, if not I might get to see you at Xmas (although, I doubt it, see earlier paragraph).

3 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

My nephew was just in the paper last weekend. Of course, he's only two, and was half naked and splashing in a water fountain in the park.

Not quite the same?

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, he's two, it's not like he can be expected to be celebrating graduating Summa Cum Laude. Of course this becomes the type of material one can use for bribes later on.

But, hey, half-naked splashing in a water fountain, that sounds like worlds of fun. Of course, when you're two they put your photo in the newspaper. When you're 42 they take your mug shot.

Camille Alexa said...

True, that!