I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 9, 2008

One Less Link to Click - Rejection City and other thoughts

Just got a rejection letter from Jim Baen's Universe for Running of the Deer, so my compulsive clicking behavior can cease now (I'll just allocate my bandwidth usage to a recent order from Amazon).

Paula Goodlett, Managing Editor, sends what looks mostly like a form letter (appreciate my submission, won't be forwarding it on) with the extra line to send them anything else I'd like. That will most certainly happen. Hopefully soon my life will calm down from the other jobs and I'll be able to go through the Slush Bar (okay, well I really do hope that I wouldn't qualify, but I'll take what I can get). Thanks for the consideration.

In other writing news, I've been trying to go through what was so different about last week's writing break out. I'm not so sure I like the answer, although it seems obvious (since I wrote it out in a post, Freudian blogging?). I just didn't care about the other jobs last week. That's what was different. With the required notice and meeting package being delivered on Friday, I couldn't ignore it any more. So writing over the weekend tapered off. Margle.

No comments: