I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

Okay, well, the weekend wasn't a total waste, but there was plenty of distraction and procrastination.

While some things went swimmingly well, better than to be expected, others just sucked wind.

Hope your weekends were more productive.

Tomorrow night is a meeting of an SF Poetry Critique group, and I have an invite. I'm still debating if I can go or not. I should, just to see what it's like. But it is a work night, and the meeting doesn't start until 7. Plus, I'm all wonky with the poetry thing. Sure, I've been writing it, or it's more like that it's been leaking out of my ears, but it's been years.

I'll take my poetry on my flash drive, print out the directions, and make my mind up sometime tomorrow. Plus, there is the possibility of a Village Meeting tomorrow (sigh).

Fear is the mind killer.

Also, before I forget, thanks to everybody that helped me make a decision last week. I had my first invite to be a convention panelist. A momentary burst of "OMG! That so rocks!" followed quickly by "Holy crap, how could I ever do that." Well, with all your help I got over myself pretty quick and said, "Yes, I'd be delighted." Still haven't heard back (I think the person who asked was very busy this past weekend). So that may be one more convention I go to this year.

Also, while thinking about conventions, because someone who reads this blog asked me very nicely if I was going to Armadillocon, I now know a number of people (to varying degrees, but well enough to have a meal with) who are going. I had to say no, though. Sadly, airfare is not in the budget for this year (while OT is up lately, not enough to generate the wild spending of previous years). Ah, well. Hope you all are going to have fun. Austin was a cool city when I was there (only for a day) in the 90s. Although middle Texas in the hot days of Summer, where the grass crunches, the insects carry away small children and the armadillo's are, well, armadillos, is the reason why we have air conditioning.

No comments: