I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 16, 2008

What's that Noise from Western Ohio?

Normally I don't make mention of all the cool things that happen to my writer friends that made it big (except for some in the group I attend). While I do drop names sometimes, I don't like doing it all the time (hey, gotta take a break from being a show off). But then there are some very cool things that need shouting.

I'm so damn happy that I know Tobias Buckell that sometimes I can't believe my luck and temerity. Tobias, as I've mentioned before, is a very cool guy. When you're reading writing advice that says you should emulate the actions of good writers, Tobias is one of those you should watch. Since I found him through the "Getting Past Being Joeblow Neopro" essay he's someone I've paid close attention to. I'm not sure I'm his biggest fan (I've seen others), but I really do like his work.

That's how I know that not only does he write great action stories, he's also a lover of the video games. That's what it's so damn cool that he is writing the next Halo novel. If you like the video game, you should be happy to know that the next novelization is in good hands. And for writing, I think it's a cool badge of honor to be chosen. Tobias, you rock.

No comments: