I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Behaving Weirdly

Well, much of the programing for today is over (or at least the programing I wanted to see). There were several overlaps, going into panels late, missing some all together while I attempted to juggle schedules and priorities. I've also been a dick, which is what this post is about. Today, I'm feeling very pricky. It's like I'm grumpy, and I see myself being pricky, and I should stop it, I know how to change it, but I don't follow through. It feels too hard to change the course of action.

I'm now at the point where I should be feeling the effects of the drugs. It's been about four weeks. So I may be a bit over cautious and judgmental of my behavior. I'm not sure if this is better or if this is a part of my over all crankiness lately.

In one of the panel rooms, if the door is closed it quickly becomes a sauna. And people keep closing the damn door because other people continue to talk really loud in the hallways (which is strange, because most people here I've seen before at this con). Just a note, very poor con behavior to talk loudly in the hallways where panels are being held. And I've found myself being very upset at the people who close the door and those talking loudly. I've also been a little over sensitive to loud or piercing noises.

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm also feeling the drag of that. The combination of stuffy rooms, the need to be more outgoing than normal, it's really wearing me down quickly this time. I hope I'm not putting a weird vibe back out into the world with it. This is a place I want to be, and I'm having problems engaging. I'm surrounded by people who work in the publishing business, I should be going great guns, but I'm dragging and not being the general newbie pain in the rear I normally am. Not good.

Anyway, time to find caffeine and food to hold off the hunger pains before the possibility of having dinner with friends (we're playing it by ear, they're off to book stores doing signings). So, a regular eating schedule may not be in the future.

No comments: