I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Final Exams, January 19, 2008

Is it just me, or has the President just thrown all pretense aside and is basically saying, "I'm not going to do anything. I kept the good times rolling when I was in office. It's now up to the next administration to clean up and do the heavy lifting on (Iran, War on Terror, Global Climate Change, actual diplomacy, fixing the economy, just insert anything that a government really should be doing here)." Lame ducks are one thing, usually they don't just take out the veto pen and say, "This is all I'm going to do until January." It's like he's waiting until the term paper is due, and then going to cram all night, January 19, 2009 to be Presidential.

As the skit on the Daily Show went, "What?! I mean, I thought it was incompetence all this time, and he could have actually done something? HE could have made a difference? He could have made it better? But instead chose to punt? WTF? Now I'm pissed off."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am relieved that he is doing nothing. Doing nothing is better than doing something malevolent, at least in my thinking.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I am all in agreement with fabutronic!

Steve Buchheit said...

Sheila and Greeny, I guess it's the thought that for 7 years he could have done something to help, to have been a good President, and he just couldn't have been bothered. And now he's in a holding pattern. Argh.

Random Michelle K said...

Perhaps he thinks that if he doesn't bollocks anything up in his last couple months in office, that will count as a good presidency.