I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, July 7, 2008

I knew she could do it!

Camille Alexa is on fire and I'm so glad I "know" her. Not only does she have some more reviews up for Green Man Review, and has purchase information on Courting Morpheus (which she has a story in), she also recently sold a story to Abyss & Apex. Really, if you haven't checked out her blog, you ought to. If for no other reason than to tell her how wonderful she is.

And, can I take a moment here to say, I knew you could sell the the pros, Camille. Congrats. At $.05 a word, that should be a SFWA qualified sale (I think A&A is on their list).

4 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Thank you, dear friend! My sale with them is at 5 cents per, but A&A doesn't qualify as an SFWA pro market for other reasons.

I probably wouldn't ever have written short stories at all if you and Todd Wheeler hadn't encouraged me.

Steve Buchheit said...

No worries Camille. I've only read the few you've had on websites, but I've liked them all. There's something there, that ineffable quality we all wish we had that you do have. It shines through your words.

Anonymous said...

Yay Camille, boo SFWA.

SFWA's qualifying markets:
http://www.sfwa.org/org/qualify.htm#Q5

There are rules beyond pay to qualify as a proper SFWA-pro market... circulation (or hits for a webzine) is also important. If it was just pay, I'd've hit my third qualifying sale a while back. Alas.

Steve Buchheit said...

I must be on drugs, I thought I read somewhere in the whole kerfluffle during the SFWA election (2007) that the rules for qualifying markets were being re-evaluated, and the A&A had been accepted.

Wait, Small Beer Press is on the out list? WTF? And I guess now that seeing Wildside is on the verboten list I know why Weird Tales is no longer qualifying.