There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, July 7, 2008

Is the whole universe in retrograde this year or what?

Well, this weekend saw lots of activity, hopefully I'll be posting photos of the Mespo Ox Roast later. And just like the rest of the year, when I get to have a happy time, life comes along to knock the stuffing out of me.

Mom is back in the hospital. She has something (they're not sure what, although they have ruled out c. diff as a culprit) that's flushing her intestines out. On Saturday she got too dehydrated, called my sister-in-law, and had her drive Mom to the hospital. They started putting IVs into her, and put her in isolation, started running the tests. So far, they don't know what it is (or Mom isn't telling us). And liquid is still just flowing through her. I'm assuming here they've done tests for salmonella, kidney and liver function, c. diffecil (which she was exposed to the last time she was in), and the other usual suspects. That they haven't been able to diagnose it worries me.

Mom had been sick most of the week (we had originally planned to go to Mom's on Saturday, but she called it off). Of course, she didn't tell us the whole story of just how sick she was (or I would have insisted that my brother take her to the hospital on Wednesday).

Anyway. I know some others of you are having great years. This year just seems to want to kick the stuffing out of me. Every time I think I've moved the pieces on the game board of life a little farther ahead, along comes something to knock me back a few spaces.

No comments: